Winter snows come to Dublin.
The Forgehouse was named after the forge that was to the side and rear of the property. Built by the first baronet Lord Shaw in 1800 this stone structure served as a turnpike on the Templeogue Rd.
From 1833 until 1883 it was a police barracks. Known as Roundtown Section House. This refered to a circular terrace of housing that encompassed a local road junction.
The Turnpike was in later years converted to a plumbers office and family home.
Two of the children who grew up here are now happily pursuing careers abroad
Memory of a little helper rescued from quicksand during renovations he went on to be a well-traveled freethinking cobbler who designed Europe’s most beautiful shoes.
You never know what these bright and clever young people are up to when away from home. Tookigame.com
Singing its heart out on top of a local telegraph pole.
Our Robin who visits to investigate any garden activity..
Minding our best apples. Mid September evening
The authors and publishers of this site accept no liability.
Any original material on this site is not to be reproduced or transmitted without the written permission of David Bonney email@example.com All rights reserved.© 20006 David Bonney.